We work in partnership with the Kinross High School Parent Council (KHSPC) to improve parental involvement in our pupils' education and in school.
The objectives of the KHSPC are to:
1. Work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for pupils, academic and support staff, and parents.
2. Promote partnership between the school, its pupils, its parents; and the local community.
3. Develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
4. Identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school supported by the Education Authority and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
5. Be consulted in and to contribute to the selection and appointment of senior academic staff at KHS.
Who are the Parent Council?
The Parent Council comprises parents/carers of pupils from the school. Parent Council meetings are also attended by the Head Teacher, members of the teaching staff, local councillors and sometimes members of the community who are able to offer an external perspective or provide specialist advice. The Parent Council office bearers for the 2019/20 academic year are:
Chair: Laura Alexander
Vice Chair: Kay Mitchell
Treasurer: Catriona Culley
Clerk to the Parent Council: Rosemary Cameron
If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact KinrossHSParentCouncil@gmail.com
The programme of meetings for 2019/20 academic year is:
Tuesday 27 August 2019
Monday 30 September 2019
Tuesday 5 November 2019
Monday 9 December 2019
Tuesday 21 January 2020
Monday 16 March 2020
Tuesday 12 May 2020
Monday 15 June 2020
All meetings start at 7:15pm.
Minutes from the meetings can be viewed at the bottom.
For reports and policies, click here.