Events and Opportunities
Local Volunteering Opportunity with Fossoway and District Community Council
Fossoway is located within Perth & Kinross and includes the settlements of Blairingone, Powmill, Crook of Devon & Drum, Rumbling Bridge and Carnbo. The Fossoway and District Community Council is a group of volunteers, elected by the Community who work together for the benefit of the Community. We meet with members of the public on the first Tuesday of every month from 7.30pm to 9pm and discuss issues that affect the community which can range from planning applications to local crime to concerns about community facilities. Our meetings rotate around public buildings in our villages.
We have a volunteering opportunity for a young person ideally in the higher years to join us as an associate community council member for the period of 1 year.
- The individual would be asked to attend our monthly evening meetings to act as minute taker. They would have an opportunity to see how a community council operates and meet a diverse group of people.
- We are also seeking the individuals help in considering new opportunities for us to enhance our engagement with the community especially through the use of social media. This could be in the form of a project led by the individual with outcomes reported to the Community Council. The project could be used as part of their exam submission for subjects such as Business Management or contribute to volunteering for a Duke of Edinburgh award.
- The Fossoway District is also in the process of establishing a community development trust. Presently we are looking for community engagement opportunities to seek members of the trust and again the individual could support these events and help raise our profile with the younger generation.
- Ideally the candidate would be confident using Microsoft Office and social media tools.
- Training and mentorship will be provided
If you are interested please send us an email – email@example.com stating why this would be of interest to you.
You can find out more by looking at http://www.fossoway.org/dcc:about
Join us to find out more about veterinary careers and where a career working with animals can take you...
Click here to sign up for this inspiring event
Your chance to hear directly from those working in Scotland’s land-based, aquaculture and environmental conservation sector about the rewarding careers on offer.
Our online event is ideal for anyone interested in finding out more about working within our industries, including career advisers, Developing the Young Workforce staff, those with a remit for career guidance, students, parents or career changers.
The event has been structured so that you can stay for the whole day or attend sessions you’re interested in finding out more about.
Register your place here
University of the Highlands and Islands, Perth College
Open Days give prospective students the chance to look around Perth College campus, speak to their friendly staff and hear more about their wide range of courses, accommodation and student support to help pupils choose the right course for 2022.
Open Day dates are:
- Saturday 2 October from 10am - 2pm
- Saturday 13 November from 10am-2pm
No need to book, just turn up to Perth College on the dates above. To find out more click here!
HSBC 12 Days of Winter Work Skills
The HSBC 12 Days of Winter Work Skills toolkit isn't just for Christmas! The Early Careers team at HSBC have created this toolkit with the aim of developing your soft skills. Soft skills play a critical role for creating and growing a professional career. They help to build relationships and solve day to day situations within the world the work. For full exploration please see PDF below:
Advice and guidance from the experts every week! It's difficult to get the answers you need from universities, colleges and apprenticeships right now, so UK University Search have created webinars especially for school leavers.
Join in with these free, live webinars every Wednesday at 12pm to hear from experts from across the country who will be there to give you advice, to talk you through how to make decisions in the next few months and to answer your questions.
Hot topics include How to Choose a University, UCAS Applications, Student Finance, Taking an Apprenticeship and Life at University.
Spaces are limited so register now on Zoom to book your spot. They'll also be live-streaming on their YouTube channel so be sure to subscribe here to ensure you don't miss out.
You can find previous webinars here.
Oxbridge Preparation - Online Support
A range of support for students covering all parts of the application process, including Personal Statements, Admissions Tests and Interviews, led online by an Oxbridge Applications consultant and a team of Oxford and Cambridge graduate tutors. To learn more and book your space, click here.
YASS - Open University
Young Applicants in Schools Scheme (YASS) gives S6 students in Scotland the unique opportunity to study a range of university level courses in school alongside their other studies. Click here to find out more about YASS. If you're interested, please speak to your PSE teacher.
Virtual Open Days
TRIC Virtual Campus
The Virtual Campus is a new offering from the Tayside Regional Improvement Collaborative which gives pupils the opportunity to study courses in a flexible way. Click here for full details.