We work in partnership with the Kinross High School Parent Council (KHSPC) to improve parental involvement in our pupils' education and in school.
The objectives of the KHSPC are to:
1. Work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for pupils, academic and support staff, and parents.
2. Promote partnership between the school, its pupils, its parents; and the local community.
3. Develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
4. Identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school supported by the Education Authority and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
5. Be consulted in and to contribute to the selection and appointment of senior academic staff at KHS.
Who are the Parent Council?
The Parent Council comprises parents/carers of pupils from the school. Parent Council meetings are also attended by the Head Teacher, members of the teaching staff, local councillors and sometimes members of the community who are able to offer an external perspective or provide specialist advice. The Parent Council office bearers for the 2020/21 academic year are:
Vice Chairs: Christina Smith and George Cobb
Treasurer: Gemma Toon with Stephanie Chadwick
Clerk to the Parent Council: Rosemary Cameron
If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact KinrossHSParentCouncil@gmail.com
Joining the Parent Council
Parents/carers of pupils at Kinross High School who are interested in joining the Parent Council should email KinrossHSParentCouncil@gmail.com.
You can also be added to the KHS Parent Council Facebook Page. This is a closed group therefore new members will be required to await approval.
Due to Covid-19, the Parent Council have not been able to host blazer sales in the usual way.
If you would like to purchase a blazer (£40) or a tie (£9 for Senior tie, £5 for Junior tie), please visit our shop.
Meetings take place on Tuesdays at 7:15pm
14 June 2022 (AGM)
For reports and policies, click here.