Pupils will study 3 topics, these will include:
Migration and empire, 1830–1939
• Immigration to Scotland
• Experience of immigrants to Scotland
• Scottish emigration
• Experience of Scots abroad
European and World Topic
Hitler & Nazi Germany, 1919-1939
• Weimar Germany
• Nazi Rise to Power
• Nazi Control
• Nazi Social & Economic Policies
Changing Britain, 1760-1914
• Health & Housing
• Industry – textiles, factories & coal mining
• Transport - canals & railways
• The Pressure for Democratic Change up to 1884
• One exam, 2 hours 20 minutes, 80 marks
• N5- Assignment, 1 hour, marked externally on a topic and question of their choice, worth 20% of overall mark
National 3 and 4 have no external exam. Pupils will, however, have to pass all National 4 Unit Assessments as well as the ‘Added Value’ unit to gain an award. Pupils will receive a pass or fail for the year.
Analysis, evaluation, source-handling, research, taking notes, developing arguments, extended writing and more.
Common Career/Study Paths
Humanities, social sciences, languages, education, law, management, public administration etc.